Saturday, February 23, 2008

Stop what you're doing and watch CALIFORNICATION

Originally Posted on 12/8/07

They're aren't too many television shows that stop time for me, especially when we have such technologies as DVR or Tivo recording but I've recently found a new one that I must pass on... it's called Californication and it airs on Showtime.

I actually don't even have Showtime... we do carry HBO in my house but that's it for premium channels. Lucky for me, I have a computer whiz for a roommate thus obtaining pirated episodes isn't a problem. We're at episode eight of season one (12 in all) and I love it. It's original, funny, excellent soundtrack and has great characters and dialog. Quite frankly, it compares with my other two favs, Entourage and LOST. Different of course but nonetheless worth watching.

The basic synopsis is the main character, Hank Moody, played by David Duchovny is a middle aged one hit wonder writer that has recently divorced (even though technically he was never married) but has a 12-year old daughter that allows him to keep in touch with his ex, whom he still loves. Unfortunately for him, she's engaged. Hank now finds himself only able to blog (no pun intended there) and can't seem to move on with his writing career. He does however make it out on the town when he's not spending time with his daughter. While out, women flock to him and the situations he finds himself in are priceless.

Anyway, I don't want to spoil it for anyone but I definitely recommend the series. I know once available, it'll be on my mantel with Entourage and LOST.

No comments: