Saturday, February 23, 2008

Coachella Lineup Official


A few years back I had some friends from my college years hype up a music festival, Coachella. Now, I've always been a big music fan but must admit sports had always come first. Well, that was until Coachella.

Unfortunately I had to miss Coachella the first year I heard of it, due to work (baseball games) but I went in 2006 and plan to be there every year here on out. Primarily because the World Series is in October and Coachella is the last weekend of April (I can see a few Dodger games on TV).

For me, Coachella isn't just a great music festival, it's one of my favorite annual road trips. I happen to go on a lot of road trips during the course of the year, mostly up and down the CA coast and parts of Central CA but Coachella is unlike any other. For one thing, it involves a great group of friends that I don't see as often as others and for another, it's not a big drinking trip. It's more about good times and good music spread over three days with good friends.

With that in mind, those that haven't been, I recommend that everyone look into it (you can find out more information at www.coachella.com). It may not have all the big familiar names playing this year or even any of the big one's rumored but I'm sure I'll still leave with at least 5 to 10 new bands that I'll love.

Of the names rumored that don't appear on the official list, Beck, Modest Mouse, OutKast, Mars Volta, Feist, The Chemical Brothers, Common and of course Radiohead will be missed.

However, I will be looking forward to seeing Jack Johnson again... and the Raconteurs, Animal Collective, Architecture in Helsinki, Portishead, Death Cab, M.I.A., Rilo Kiley, Cold War Kids, Hot Chip, My Morning Jacket, Cool Kids, Murs, a personal fav in Brett Dennen and many more.

No comments: